What are writing desks called? In form, a writing table is a pedestal desk without the pedestals, having legs instead to hold it up. This is why such tables are sometimes called leg desks. The writing table is often called a “bureau plat” when it is done in a French style such as Louis XVI, Art Nouveau, etc.
What is an old fashioned writing desk called? Escritoire. An escritoire is a type of case furniture, usually a low desk with a slant top. When open, this sloping lid forms a surface for writing or reading (the name derives from the French word “écrire”, meaning “to write”).
What is a small writing desk called? A desk used for writing. secretaire. desk. escritoire. davenport.
How do you make a simple writing desk?
- Step 1 – Cut a solid core door to size for the desktop.
- Step 2: Build the front section of the base.
- Step 3: Build the back section of the base.
- Step 4: Attach front and back base sections with side stretcher bars.
- Step 5: Add any optional decorative pieces to complete the base.