Are standing desks ergonomic? A standing desk is ergonomic because it gives you the option of standing, reducing the risks that come with long periods of inactivity. Monitor arms can also make a desk more ergonomic.
Why you shouldn’t buy a standing desk? Standing desks can affect cognition and brain performance because of poor systemic circulation of the blood. The fatigue that occurs distracts people and ruins their attention. Regardless, people who use standing desks may find that their reaction speed is lower.
What is the most stable sit/stand desk?
- NewHeights XT – 82 Overall WobbleMeter Score.
- IKEA Idasen – 114 Overall WobbleMeter Score.
- VertDesk v3 – 116 Overall WobbleMeter Score.
- VARIDESK ProDesk 48 – 130 Overall WobbleMeter Score.
- Uplift v2 Commercial – 132 Overall WobbleMeter Score.
Is a sit/stand desk worth it? While the science is still catching up, the existing research strongly points in the direction that standing desks simply aren’t worth the investment. Sit-stand desks, however, do show some promise, which ultimately belies the underlying point: the real issue is structural, and not related to your desk.