What is a Murphy desk? ‘ Not everyone has an extra room in their home that can be used as an office, but thankfully there’s a great solution: The Murphy Desk! A Murphy Desk is a pull-down or fold-down desk that can be folded away when not in use.
What is a narrow desk called? Secretary desks typically have a smaller footprint than other desks, and can easily hide your workspace. A secretary desk is great for small spaces and those who need a large amount of storage but don’t need a large workspace.
How do you hide a desk in a small space?
- Hide a desk behind a sofa.
- Build a hidden desk into little used floor space.
- Hide a desk under the stairs.
- Use a bedroom alcove for a hidden desk.
- Turn a showpiece antique into a hidden desk.
- Divide an open plan space with doors.
Do corner desks save space? Save Space
Rather than having a standard computer desk located in the middle of the room, stopping you from making full use of its surrounding area, a corner desk will fit neatly into the corner of the room. This then frees up valuable space that can be used for other furniture.