What is a desk that closes called? April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message) A secretary desk or escritoire is made of a base of wide drawers topped by a desk with a hinged desktop surface, which is in turn topped by a bookcase usually closed with a pair of doors, often made of glass.
What is a Murphy desk? ‘ Not everyone has an extra room in their home that can be used as an office, but thankfully there’s a great solution: The Murphy Desk! A Murphy Desk is a pull-down or fold-down desk that can be folded away when not in use.
How can I hide my desk when not in use?
It’s all about disguising the workspace in downtime, whether you close a door or just a lid.
- Hide a desk behind a sofa.
- Build a hidden desk into little used floor space.
- Hide a desk under the stairs.
- Use a bedroom alcove for a hidden desk.
- Turn a showpiece antique into a hidden desk.
- Divide an open plan space with doors.
How do you make a secret desk?