What do you need at a reception desk?
- Computer. So much of the receptionist’s job can be supported by having access to executive calendars, office events, internet searches and more.
- Postage Meter.
- Webcam or Digital Camera.
What is the standard size for a reception desk? In general, reception desks are from 60″ to 72″ long, with some models going up to 90″. However, while this is a standard option, it certainly isn’t the only one. When deciding on the length and size in general of your reception desk, you can try out other options, too.
How do I become a good dental receptionist?
- Excellent phone and in-person communication skills.
- Organization, time management and multitasking abilities.
- An understanding of dental office procedures and workflow.
- Computer literacy in basic applications like email and Microsoft Office.
Is dental receptionist hard? There are many misconceptions that dental reception is as easy as answering the phone, collecting money, and scheduling patients. It’s true that those are the basic tasks of the position, but to be a truly excellent dental receptionist, one has to fully embody various roles.