What can I use instead of a desk?
- Use an ironing board as a sit/stand desk.
- Turn a bookcase or shelving unit into a standing desk.
- Create a desk using a dining-table leaf or a door and storage organizers.
- Prop your laptop up vertically with a napkin holder or file organizer.
How do you fit a desk into a small room?
- Zone the space. (Image credit: Future)
- Add a desk between fitted wardrobes. (Image credit: Davide Lovatti)
- Place the desk by a window.
- Fit a floating desk into a corner.
- Squeeze a desk into a snug alcove.
- Incorporate a slim-line desk into fitted storage.
- Hide a desk in a closet.
- Add character with a vintage desk.
What is a narrow desk called? Secretary desks typically have a smaller footprint than other desks, and can easily hide your workspace. A secretary desk is great for small spaces and those who need a large amount of storage but don’t need a large workspace.
How do I maximize small desk space?
- Go completely digital. One of the large enhancements individuals have made to assist themselves with remaining useful with little work area space is moving from simple to advance.
- Make a permanent clean desk rule.
- Send stuff to storage.
- Use an ergonomic arrangement.
- Scrape it down.