How do you fit a desk in a small apartment? A demilune or hall table can make a nice small desk or laptop table, and doesn’t take up too much space. You could place one in your entryway, behind the sofa, or on a blank wall, move a chair up to it when necessary, and have it serve as a console table the rest of the time.
Where should I put my desk in my apartment?
- Pop it Behind the Couch.
- Create a Makeshift Cubicle.
- Take Up a Whole Wall.
- Wedge it into a Corner.
- Follow the Flow of the Room.
- Put it in Front of a Bookcase.
- Make Use of a Room Break.
What can I use instead of a desk?
- Use an ironing board as a sit/stand desk.
- Turn a bookcase or shelving unit into a standing desk.
- Create a desk using a dining-table leaf or a door and storage organizers.
- Prop your laptop up vertically with a napkin holder or file organizer.
What are hidden desks called? There are four main types of hidden desk systems used in home office furniture design including the pull-out desk, the Murphy desk that pulls down from the wall or cabinet, the pivoting fold away desk and the closet desk. Each has its advantages and disadvantages.